Dr. Mohammad Amin AL-Jarrah, PhD form Stanford University in 1989 in Aeronautics and Astronautics founded MARSRobotics in September 2013. Dr. Al-Jarrah is an unmanned vehicles systems expert with several UAV books and over 80 refereed publications in international journals and conferences. He supervised more than 30 Master Degree Students. He holds three Master degrees: Machine Design, Applied Mechanics, and Aeronautics and Astronautics from Stanford University, California USA. He holds PhD in Aeronautics and Astronautics form Stanford University too in 1989. Dr. Jarrah developed at NASA AMES the wind tunnel simulation of Dog Fights super maneuvers to high angles of attack funded by the Air Force of Scientific Research under contract no. 84-0099 and partially by NASA Ames Contract NCA2-287. First encounter with UAVs was at NASA AMES research Center in 1988. He worked as a member of the High Angle of Attack Working group on a UAV concept for testing fighter super Maneuvers in 1988 and was invited to NASA Langley research center to present his proposed design.
Shortly after returning to Jordan in January of 1989 he started his drive with the armed forces of Jordan to establish an Unmanned Aerial Vehicles Program. In 1992 was started his work with the airforce, one day per week, to establish the first in the Arab region UAV program. Dr. Jarrah served as the Director of JUST unmanned air-vehicle project in 1992-1997. He did many projects in the area of unmanned systems and industrial solutions in the area of automation and manufacturing for leading industries in the region: Jordan Armed Forces, Tawazun, Mubadala, Emirates Armed forces Research Center, Jordan Ports Authority, Gulf Aircraft Maintenance company (GAMCO) and many other institutions. Dr. Al- Jarrah is the leading scientist in the area of Autonomous Unmanned Systems in the region and the pioneer of Mechatronics systems education in the region.
Dr. Jarrah was able to form an outstanding team of engineers to form the startup MARSRobotics.
MARSRobotics team consists of thirteen full time young hardworking engineers working on the development of the advanced autopilot system hardware and software as well as the MARS-EYE project, system hardware-software development and integration, Ground Control Station Software and Hardware, Mission planning and control, etc. In addition MARSRobotics is investing in training limited number of young engineers selected based on performance. The team is supervised by a number of engineering faculty from Jordan university of Science and Technology. These faculty act as consultant and project advisors in the areas of embedded systems development, image processing, and autonomous solutions.
Prof. Mohammad Amin Al-Jarrah
General Manager / MARSRobotics® Founder
Dr. Omar Yahia Al-Jarrah OMAR Y. AL-JARRAH received the B.S. degree in computer engineering from Yarmouk University, Jordan, in 2005, the M.S. degree in computer engineering from The University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia, in 2008, and the Ph.D. degree in electrical and computer engineering from Khalifa University, United Arab Emirates, in 2016. He worked as a Research Fellow and Senior Research Fellow with Khalifa University and the Warwick Manufacturing Group, The University of Warwick, U.K, for more than three years. Currently, Dr. Omar Y. Al-Jarrah Jarrah is working as acting CEO of the company. His main research interests include machine learning, intrusion detection, big data analytics, autonomous and connected vehicles, and knowledge discovery in various applications. Dr. Al-Jarrah has more than 13 peer-reviewed research papers published in Q1 journals. He also contributed to several proposals and led several projects
Dr. Omar Yahia Al-Jarrah
- Professor of Computer Engineering
- PhD (Ohio State University,1996).
- Former President of Jordan University of Sciences and Technology, Jordan.
- Founder of the JUST UAV project 1992-1998
- Vice President for Planning and Development, Arab Open University, Kuwait
- PhD (Management Information Technology, Lawrence Technological University, Michigan, USA, 2010).
- Dean, King Talal School of Business Technology, Princess Sumaya University for Technology, Amman - Jordan.
- Executive Director of Queen Rania Center for entrepreneurship.
- PhD (Computer Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, USA, 2007).
- Associate Professor of Computer Engineering, Jordan University of Sciences and Technology, Jordan.
- FPGAs Design and Development.
- PhD (Computer Engineering, Oakland University, USA 2011).
- Dean of Faculty of Engineering, Princess Sumaya University for Technology, Amman - Jordan.
- Embedded System Design Expert.
- He has a bachelor’s degree in communications Engineer 1988.
- He worked as an officer in the Jordanian Armed Forces for 30 years as Director of the National Center for Command and Control of the Armed Forces.
- He was a lecturer in College of Military Communications for two years.
- PhD (Geomatics Engineering/ Digital Imaging System, University of Calgary, Canada, 2016).
- Assistant Professor of Geomatics Engineering & Remote Sensing, Yarmouk University, Irbid – Jordan.
- General Manager at Arab Surveyors Co (Amman, Beirut and Riyadh).
- Consultant at dar alhandasah company for surveying affairs.
- BA Survey Engineer from Ecole Nationale des Sciences Geographic/France 1981-1984.
- Head of Geographic Data Management / GIS section in Royal Jordanian Geographic Center (1984-1999).
- GIS - Expert in Aqaba Region Authority (1999_2002).
- Head of GIS Directorate in Aqaba Special Economic Zone Authority (2002- 2019).